QuickBooks® Connect, a unique event created to connect, educate and inspire accounting professionals, small businesses and developers, is returning to San Jose, Calif. on Nov 2-4, with a jam-packed agenda and dedicated track of sessions designed to help accounting professionals get their firms future ready.
QuickBooks Connect 2015 will feature the profession’s most dynamic and engaging speakers, leading more than 40 educational sessions to help accounting firms go further, think differently and embrace the cloud in delivering value-added services to their clients.
“Building on the overwhelming success of last year’s event, we’ve designed accountant-specific sessions that will provide cutting edge training, practice management education, and interactive panels that will help accounting professionals save time, grow their practice and become true trusted advisors when working with their clients,” said Jim McGinnis, vice president of Intuit’s® Accountant and Advisor Group. “We’re excited to partner with key industry leaders to help accounting professionals embrace change and build a future-ready firm now.”
Intuit and Boomer Consulting Collaborate on Specially Designed Large Firm Track
New for QuickBooks Connect 2015 are several sessions specifically designed for large firms. Intuit worked extensively with Gary Boomer, CPA.CITP, president of Boomer Consulting, Inc. and one of Accounting Today’s 100 Most Influential People in Accounting, to create a series of breakout sessions focused on helping large firms save time; navigate their way to the cloud; understand the importance and opportunities of adopting new pricing models; hire the right talent…and more. Led by key industry thought leaders such as Boomer, Jim Bourke, Arianna Campbell, Jon Hubbard, and Darren Root, these sessions will set large firms up for success and ensure they are on the cutting edge of this quickly changing industry.
“Firms will either disrupt themselves or be disrupted by someone else,” said Boomer. “Intuit and Boomer Consulting have worked together to create a series of sessions specifically designed for larger firms to help them take advantage of the latest technologies to best serve their clients. QuickBooks Connect will provide large firms with a blueprint to follow that will help ensure they are successful today and quickly adapt to future opportunities.”
Accountant Kick-Off Event, Unique Sessions and Updated QBO Certifications
QuickBooks Connect 2015 will begin on the morning of November 2nd with an accountant-focused kick-off event. Firms of all sizes will then benefit from breakout tracks that will arm them with the tools they need to become a firm of the future. Newly updated QuickBooks Online Certifications will be presented live for the first time at QuickBooks Connect 2015. Focusing on the latest enhancements to QuickBooks Online and Apps, this training will enable accounting professionals to better support their clients and prepare for the QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Online Advanced certification exams.
Notable accountant-focused sessions confirmed today include:
- Measuring What Matters to Customers: Value pricing expert Ron Baker, founder of VeraSage Institute, the leading think tank dedicated to educating professionals internationally, will show accountants how to create value for clients and capture a portion of that value by switching to a value pricing-based model.
- In a World of Change, Creating the Firm and the Life You Want Remains a Matter of Choice: Darren Root, CPA.CITP, CGM, founder of RootWorks LLC, author of “The Intentional Accountant” and former executive editor of CPA Practice Advisor will outline how accounting firms can adapt to change, create the firm they want and live the life they want to lead.
- Growth through Client Replication: The Pumpkin Plan: Former MSNBC business host, founder of Profit First Professionals, author of “The Pumpkin Plan” and “The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur,” Mike Michalowicz will share unique ways on how accounting professionals can market and grow their firms.
- Building Your Brand and Your Practice through Thriving Online Communities: Wayne Schmidt, CEO of Addon Success and motivational speaker, will teach accountants how to boost their services and strengthen their brand awareness using social media tools.
- Online Videos: A 24/7 Online Lead Generation Engine: Seth David, founder of Nerd Enterprises, certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor and producer of over 500 bookkeeping training videos will discuss the power of YouTube to grow your practice.
Dozens of additional sessions will take place throughout the three-day event. These speakers bring extensive experience in the accounting profession and will empower accountants to meet the unique needs of their small business clients and strengthen their roles as trusted strategic advisors. While more speakers and sessions will be added over the next few weeks, the current list of confirmed speakers includes:
- Jim Bourke, CPA.CITP, CFF, CGMA and partner and director of technology at WithumSmith+Brown, PC.
- Dawn Brolin, CPA, QuickBooks Online Certification Trainer, Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor, named one of Accounting’s Most Powerful Women by CPA Practice Advisor and co-founder of TheQBShow.com.
- Arianna Campbell, consultant and project manager for Boomer Consulting, Inc., specializing in Lean Six Sigma consulting, The P3 Leadership Academy™ facilitation and The Boomer Technology Circle™ sponsor program management.
- Bryce Forney, CPA, Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor and founder of Forney Accountancy.
- Hector Garcia, CPA, Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor and QuickBooks Consultant at Quick Bookkeeping & Accounting LLC.
- Jon Hubbard, director of business development at Boomer Consulting, Inc.
- Cathy Iconis, CPA, founder and CEO of Iconis Group, LLC, and three-time recipient of the CPA Practice Advisor 40 Under 40 Award.
- Stacy Kildal, QuickBooks Online Certification Trainer, founder of Kildal Services LLC, named one of Accounting’s Most Powerful Women by CPA Practice Advisor and co-founder of TheQBShow.com.
- Michelle Long, QuickBooks Online Certification Trainer, Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor, contributor to Intuit Academy and named one of 10 Women Who Inspire a Profession by Accounting Today.
- Esther Friedberg Karp, consultant, QuickBooks Online Certification Trainer, Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor and recipient of the Intuitive Accountant Top ProAdvisors Award.
- Kaydee Peterson, QuickBooks Online Certification Trainer, Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor, and owner at Peterson Business Services.
- MB Raimondi, CPA.CITP, QuickBooks Online Certification Trainer and Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor.
- Laura Redmond, CPA, co-author of Intuit’s QuickBooks Online basic and advanced certification and training, and co-founder of Cloud Consultancy LLC.
- Mark Wickersham, Group Chief Executive of AVN, an association of more than 300 accountants, professional speaker, author of “Effective Pricing for Accountants,” and creator of hundreds of tools, resources and software for accounting professionals.
- Sandra Wiley, chief operating officer at Boomer Consulting, Inc., accounting firm talent developer and Koble expert.
- Joe Woodard, CEO – Woodard Companies. As an author, consultant, Intuit contractor and national speaker, Joe has trained over 75,000 accounting professionals in the areas of practice development, technology and QuickBooks software.
QuickBooks Connect will feature interactive training designed for accountants to connect with small businesses and developers. This world-class event will also feature inspirational main stage speakers, including Jessica Alba, Brian Grazer, Robert Herjavec and Bill Rancic. Registration information and the full QuickBooks Connect schedule can be found at www.QuickBooksConnect.com.
A full three-day pass includes all accountant certification preparation courses, more than 40 breakout sessions and an accountant-focused kickoff event on November 2.You can purchase a three-day pass at the early bird rate of 9 until August 1. A one-day pass for November 3 includes main stage events, up to 15 unique breakout sessions for accounting professionals, access to the exhibit hall and post-event concert. You can purchase a one-day pass for only until August 1.